Your Dog May Not Know They Have Back Feet!
Did you know that you should teach a dog to move their hind end?
Dogs carry most of their weight in their front end, we need to help them learn how to move and strengthen their ‘other’ end as well.
You will learn to help your dog strengthen their rear end, giving those muscles more power and increase their core strength as well resulting in:
- Improved reaction and control
- Increased trunk and core strength
- Stabilization of weak areas
- Improved balance and proprioception (awareness of the body’s position in space)
- Increased range of motion in joints & elongation of the muscles
- Improved sensory & body awareness
- Preventing sports-related injuries
Excellent for dogs participating in agility, disc dogs, dock dogs, flyball, freestyle, lure coursing, weight pulling etc.
This 2 hour workshop includes lecture with valuable information and live demonstrations so that you and your dog will learn proper exercises, when to slow your dog down and when your dog needs to be still. Your dog will be given plenty of breaks!
This workshop will also include basic dog appropriate warm up and hind limb exercises and is geared for all levels, from dogs that have never done any formal canine conditioning work to our more advanced dogs that need more of a challenge!
All proceeds from this workshop will go to the Daisy Mae veterinary fund.
Please note, if the minimum of 4 dogs is not achieved, the workshop will be cancelled.